Tuesday 18 May 2010

The Slim Jeans Fit - The Egg-speriment Successes

Hi People,

Here's.... Johnny. So three week's ago I tried a new induction method to get me back into the low carb eating pattern. If your not familiar with induction, basically it's to prepare your body for using fat as your main fuel source, over carbs. By doing such an induction period, you become less addicted to carbs and minus the induction flu at the start, you will eventually find you have more energy and you feel more satisfied 99% of the time (Especially as far as appetite and taste buds are concerned, because if you don't know? Fatty foods add a lot of taste to food).

So anyways back to my Egg-speriment. Well if you read my previous posts, I wasn't following the exact same process as Jimmy Moore was, by eating solely eggs for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with cheese and butter. Instead I took the route, eggs for breakfast and lunch (As many as I wanted with cheese and butter), and with a regular low carb meal in the evening.

My thoughts on this three week period before I get into the results:

To be honest, I found it sometimes challenging to stick with just eggs for lunch and breakfast at times. For the first week I was very strict with myself. The second week, naughty habits begin to creep in. Some naughty habits consisted of eating junk carbs, and some not so naughty but still not sticking to the plan was eating other low carbs foods.

Note: The latter eating low carb foods even though not sticking to the plan 100% is more recommended.

By the third week, I followed the same pattern as week too, but even though at times, I tried to make an effort and be good, I found myself not consuming eggs solely. Whoops! <-- Just being honest with my viewers. So what does this mean? Basically, I feel in the long run, this would become more and more difficult to sustain, simply because the lack of food variance. Because of this, I will now become more liberal with my low carb food choice. That said, I know now how to lose weight on a budget and very quick if need be.

So, do I recommend this plan to starting low carb buddiest or experienced low carbers, or perhaps restarting low carbers who are struggling to lose those extra lbs?

Quite simply yes! For three main reasons;

  1. You will lose a lot of weight in a short period of time (Which psychologically does wonders for your motivation). Plus it provides you with all the nutrients you need (Eggs are considered one of those perfect foods, contains everything you need).
  2. The cost to do low carb this way is mega cheap. Eggs are expensive today (Well in my country - compared to what they used to be) but for a regular low carb meal this is cheap as chips. Or an equivalent cost of a candy bar. Nevertheless, when buying eggs in a tray load this seems expensive. 
  3. This is also a great way to jump start your low carbing (As I said at the very start, I quickly got back into ketosis and this worked swimmingly in regulating my low carb habits. I knew, exactly what too cook and eat, all I had to do was "just follow through with it". Ok, if I just followed it more strictly I would of lost a tonne more weight, but I am happy with my progress :D More to the point though, it regulates your eating habits.
So that's my tips with this plan. You will be happy to hear though, am not sick of eggs and later today I will have a nice pot of mashed egg mayonnaise for lunch. This morning however I have loads of bacon rashions ;)

Ok enough of my ramblings on, I know you want to see my results. Remember through these weeks, I did cheat a bit <-- I won't reveal how much soo, but when I mean cheat I ate some high carb foods. So there is room for some cheating and still weight loss, but I would advise new comers to be strict as I feel I am less carb tolerant than most. Plus I work a very physical job, with a lot of walking, biking and lifting.

So three weeks ago I was 14st 0.2lbs | 88kg | 194 lbs. 36 1/2 inch waist.
Today I am 13st 2.5lb | 83.7 kg | 184.5lbs.

So that's a total of 0st 9.5lbs | 4.3 kg | 9.5lbs loss in just three weeks. What a sacrifice right, just to eats eggs for breakfast and lunch and a regular low carb meal for dinner ;). If I continue at this rate I would reach my goal very quickly. However, I have decided to be a bit more liberal with my food choices, simply so I don't cheat by eating high carbs. So for breakfast I may eat bacon, sausages with my eggs. For lunch I may eat a salad with chicken or buy a low carb chocolate bar etc. But my intention is to stay doing low carb, and some days when I feel I want to lose more weight that week I will adopt this egg eating strategy.

My goal is still to reach 12 stone, so watch this space. I value all comments and if you have any questions feel free to post. Best of success to you readers out there too, would love to hear your success stories if your following along.

Ps. Oh I almost forgot, I bought some Jeans about a year ago which fitted perfectly, brand new. I went on holiday and afterwards I couldn't fit into them any longer (Too tight). As the year passed I also found myself on the slippery slow of weight gain, were I couldn't put on the jeans at all. Today, I can now fit in my 34inch waist jeans and loosely. So am real happy I can wear these out today and look and feel good. Yey me! So you can do this too, reach your goals.

No comments: