Wednesday 26 August 2009

Celebration Feasts

So the first week back on low carb is behind me, Yes am feeling awesome already. Anyways how did my eating habits fair? To be completely honest with you guys, I struggled this last week. Not because i was craving for any high carb foods, but due to celebrations at home and the situations one can get themselves into without prior preparation.

For the most part of the week I stuck out low carb and tried very hard to eat only the healthy foods allowed on the induction list, but on the odd occasion I slipped up. Basically during this week my sister, niece, nephew and sisters boyfriend from the Midlands came down to visit my bro, dad and me. As you could imagine it was a nice family reunion and therefore we celebrated on this fact (As you do during these infrequent occasions).

We went out a few times, like to the Bournemouth Air Festival which was brilliant by the way.



As I didn’t really prepare for this sometimes I made some poor food choices.

Then later this week it was another celebration too as my dad is leaving for India for a couple of weeks. This is his first trip out of the country in a wee while! So basically I treated him and myself to Fish and Chips (Yes one of the UK best delicious delicacies). I did this because I know for the next two weeks he won’t be able to eat any of this in India hahaha!

So yup these are my confessions of carb feasts. However, the majority of the time I was eating very well, I cut back on all the junk except for the meals where I ate out of course + these meals I ate where in moderation.

Now for all you low carbers out there who may have just started out again or who may have stoodfast so far, just because I have cheated a couple of times this week doesn’t mean you can do the same. So I don’t want to be hearing "Well as John can do it I can do it" ;)

To make up for my slip ups though, i have been putting in quite abit of exercise. At the minute am pretty much getting in 6 miles of walking in a day and adding in a few reps of press-ups and the dreaded chin-ups.

Anyways that said, what do this week’s results reveal?












































My Body Measurements
DateAgeWeight
26/08/092913st 13.1lbs | 88.5 kg | 195.1lbs
MeasurementsInchesCM
Chest37.595.25
Waist3999.06
Hips42106.68
Upper Arm13.534.29
Thighs2666.04


Yep folks it’s seems am off to a positive start ;) A 1.2 kg |2.6 lbs | 0st 2.6 lb Loss, woowho! I hope you guys have equally had or have bettered these scores. But remember not all the time the scales indicate weight loss so don’t forget to take your body measurements too.

Would be great to hear your comments of success so feel free to share these in the comments section below.

No comments: