Friday 4 April 2008

Day 45. Nutty about Nuts

I don’t know if you have noticed recently, but my appetite has expanded. So much so, I seem to be eating more than 20 net carbs daily at the moment. For me this is a little concerning, but at the same time, perhaps my body is telling me to move on to phase two of the Atkins approach - The Ongoing Weight-Loss Phase.

To be honest am quite happy to stay within the Induction Phase. Am not bored with the food choices and I am still 15 kg from my goal (A long way), but maybe I should be starting to find my Critical Carbohydrate level. If you look at the graph of my weight loss journey so far (Found at the very bottom of this page) you can see my weight loss is starting to slow down each week.

If I find out my Critical Carbohydrate level I will then know my net carb limit to prevent putting on weight, and equally I will know the level of net carbs to carry on losing weight.

I think however, before I start to do this I might carry on with the Induction Phase alittle longer, just until I reach my half way point. (Am close to losing a whole two stone now). Something I do need to concentrate on is sticking to the Atkins rules of Induction. So for the rest of this week, I will try to be consistent with my 20 grams of net carbs (daily intake) :o) I think in order to do this I need to add more meat to my meals to generally make me fuller.

Another thing I have noticed is my nut indulgences. I love nuts, and I am glad they’re allowed on the Atkins plan, but my difficulty with them is sticking to eating only small portion. I seem to eat them in excess when snacking, ops. I think calculating nut quantities is difficult too, especially if they’re a mixed bag with no nutritional table :oS So another area to control me thinks :oP

No comments: