Sunday 20 April 2008

Day 61. All Cool Things Come in Three’s!

Woot woot…! BTW I have never known exactly what woot woot means, I think it’s some kind of happy chat smilie gesture but not sure… if you know, drop a comment below and tell me…anyhow… today is a cracking day. The sun is shining and the weather is sweet.

Also more cool things have happened, first up and your going to love this one, it’s about my achievements thus far. Well, I know my Atkins is going well, after all 9 weeks on am still alive and I’ve lost 12kg’s. So I decided to put myself through a test….!

You’re probably wondering how…? Well let me tell you! basically I have a fair bit of clothing I haven’t worn in a while, so just out of curiosity I thought it would be fun to try them on :o)

Long story short… my so called tight clothing turns out to be not so tight any more… its now my baggy old clothing ;o) yea! Another story, a very good friend of mine (a while back) Hi Tim btw, gave me some really cool, high quality shorts, which unfortunately to begin with where a little tight, (in fact back then I thought I would never get into them…) well it turns out… never wasn’t that long after all :oP

So you maybe wondering, what instigated me to start trying out my old clothes in the first place? Well mainly to my embarrassment, I kept finding my trousers falling down in public…hahah!

Which reminds me of another cool thing I came across the other day. A couple of posts back Hazel and Roy…. commented on my blog (Thankyou BTW), anyways since then I have been checking out their progress on their blog, and I stumbled across a real funny entry (Actually most of their posts are funny ;o).

I hope they don’t mind, I kind of borrowed Day 37 from there blog to show you… Obviously in exchange of promoting their site ;o) But you have to read this, its hilarious and sooo true :o)

So here it is…

Day 37 - Signs of progress or just delusion?

Hey, I'm doing alright. I've identified 10 signs of me heading in the right direction:

1. I'm losing inches - my pajama bottoms fall down by themselves - OK, yes, I wear nightwear - its been cold recently!
2. I'm getting stronger - I broke one of my shoe laces this morning
3. I'm eating better - no more indigestion tablets at bedtime
4. I'm getting lots of exercise - going to the loo because of the water I'm drinking
5. My taste buds are changing - yes, I really do prefer cauli-mash to the real deal
6. My suit trousers stay at the waistline - and don't slowly work down to hip level
7. Some one at work notices - does it matter that another person asks sincerely: "is it working?"
8. I'm almost ready to go to the gym - quickly running out of excuses!
9. My head and neck is shrinking - or does my hair need cutting??
10. I'm watching less TV - I'm too busy blogging and reading everyone else's!

So yup I hope you found it funny too. Thanks Hazel & Roy. BTW do check out their funky progress / blog… here -> Roy&HazelBlog and keep up the fantastic work :o) That goes for all you other Low Carbers reading this too *o) and feel free to update me of your progress using the comments area below. If you post your site, I will come check it out ;o) Don’t be shy now!!!

Anyhows the third and final cool thing of the day was Volleyball :o) For the first time in 5 or even 6 weeks I finally got to do some sports… but as usual it was awesome fun and I got loads of jumping and running around done.

K ciao…

2 comments:

Roy and Hazel said...

Hi Jon! Thought I'd check out your blog before I head for bed and (blush!)just read your post! Thanks for the mention and best of luck with your progress. You're doing great!

Jonny D said...

Thanks buddy, lets see what weigh-in week 9 brings, bit nervous about this week hehehe! Likewise keep up the good work :o)